CCR Rough Draft #1

How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

To start off there is my cover. I made sure I used bold and clear font so it was easier to read for my audiences (example Saveur). My front cover picture is colorful, so I made my title and sub-headings white and black, so the picture doesn't contrast with the text. I also didn't use normal sub-headings. Normally, there is a little sentence to describe the main articles, but instead I named some restaurants that would be in my magazine. I use conventions by making the picture for my cover the whole page.

My table of contents utilizes conventions as well. Instead of only one picture in my table of contents I used three. Each picture represents the type of restaurants that would be in each category. I also have three categories instead of just stating the article and page number. On this page I also made sure that text was easy to read. I made sure that the title of the page was in bold, so people know what they are reading. The restaurants in the category are also spread apart and easy to read, they are not in one big cluster.

I made sure that that there was no clutter on my two page spread. The pictures aren't all on top of each other and don't overlap the text. There are different type of pictures and angles as well. I also made sure there was a wide variety of information about the restaurant, to make sure my audience is informed.  My article is like a normal article you would find in any magazine. It has the pictures to show what you are talking about and a lot of information.

My magazine represents social groups as well. My magazine is more for tourists and people who like to go out to eat. I make sure that the name of restaurant is known for my audience and there are  pictures of restaurants. I try to make everything clear for my audience as well, like I stated i made sure there was clear and big font. The tourists who come to Sarasota are mostly older and like to go out and spend money.




Comments

Popular Posts